Tuesday 8 May 2007

Busy busy busy.......

Have a fair bit to update today. Am finally back online after waiting for over a week for broadband to be connected only to find out that it is not available in our area (even though we have moved less then 1/2 a km away from our old house *eye roll*)

We signed our contracts for the new house on the 27/04 and were told that building would start in June instead of July, YIPPEEEEEE !!!!!!! Only a few minor problems with some detials in the contract and these have now been fixed.

Got the keys for our rental on the 27/04 and moved in that weekend. We have finally settled in are happy for this to be home for the next 7 months or so. Spent 4 hours cleaning our old house, that settles on the 17/05 so I am glad we had left plenty of time. Had a bit of a cry as I looked out into the backyard and all the boys toys and play equipment were gone, it seemed so empty and lifeless.

Am getting used to the pinkness of our rental, although I don't think I will be buying anything in pink for a long time, lol.

I think we have sorted out the lounge we are buying for the rumpus room and the outdoor lounge. Now to find the 'prefect' barbie !

2 comments:

melika said...

Funny thing that broadband. So are you on dial-up?

Anyhoo, thanks for the comment on my blog. It is rather exciting and it is coming along SO fast. And you know, June will have come and gone even before you know it. After all, it is only a few weeks away.

I'm excited for your furniture experiences, too. I have the urge to buy a whole bunch but am controlling myself and waiting until we get into the house and get a feel for the space. Although, we did buy two armchairs the other week. I had to tell them to hold of on production for a couple of months because we've nowhere to store it. Hehe

Unknown said...

Oh Rel, what good news its starting early! You'll have to show some pink photos. And you know, all I'm thinking is that its Mothers' Day on Sunday, which is PINK CITY for everything! Viva la Pink!

kaz